There are two things that Fan History Wiki loves: The fan community and the wiki community. The people in both are awesome and they keep us going. We love to give shout outs and mentions to anyone in those community who asks us and that we think could use support when they appear on our radar.
Over on Twitter, wikisgnpost mentioned the wikileaks could use some help. If you haven’t heard of wikileaks, check them out. They are great when it comes to sharing information that the public should know. They need some monetary assistance to keep going with their mission. On their donate page, they give the following info so you can help them complete their mission:
To contribute via bank transfer, please specify our account at the Wau Holland Foundation (a German charity which handles our tax deductability).
- Wau Holland Stiftung, Germany
- Commerzbank Kassel, bank number (BLZ) 52040021, Account number (Konto) 277281204
- (or you can use IBAN: DE46520400210277281204, BIC: COBADEFF520)
To confirm, or contribute by VISA, Mastercard, cheque, Ukash, Moneybookers or other means, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org . Contributions may be tax deductible, depending on your country.
If you are interested in showing your support with a grant, matched contribution, bequest, interest free loan, or have any other questions, please write to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Donate server space
If you can provide rackspace, power and an uplink, or a dedicated server or storage space, for at least 12 months, write to email@example.com
Donate legal assistance
Individuals or organizations wishing to donate lawyer time write to firstname.lastname@example.org
WikiLeaks would like to thank the following 18 steadfast supporters:
1. Reporters Committee for the Freedom of the Press (RCFP)
2. The American Society of Newspaper Editors (ASNE)
3. The Associated Press – (AP) world wide news agency, based in New York
4. Citizen Media Law Project
5. The E.W Scripps Company – newspapers, TV, cable TV etc.
6. Gannet Co. Inc – the largest publisher of newspapers in the USA, including USA Today
7. The Heast Corporation – media conglomerate which publishes the San Francisco Chronicle
8. The Los Angeles Times
9. National Newspaper Association (NNA)
10. Newspaper Association of America (NAA)
11. The Radio-Television News Directors Association (RTNDA)
12. The Society of Professional Journalists (SPJ) 13. Public Citizen – founded by Ralph Nader
14. together with the California First Amendment Coalition (CFAC) 15. The Electronic Freedom Foundation (EFF)
16. the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU)
17. The Project on Government Oversight (POGO)
18. Jordan McCorckle, the University of Texas